20101028

Just be glad you're not a turnip


This is my 'contemplating life' face aka. the gorm out... Sometimes my feels like a mundane replay of a cheesy teen sitcom, and what is my mothers advice to remedy this? "Just be glad you're not a turnip."
I love how she can make my most complicated musings suddenly unravel into something so simple and ridiculously whimsical.

What I'm Wearing; Lace tunic - topshop, Leather jacket + Bowler hat + Bat wing cardigan - H&M, Shorts - Dorothy's, Badass boots - New Look.



I went down to the woods with my tripod today, timer at the ready, and took some pretty radical shots of myself 'levitating'... haha, I'm doing a topic on staged photography at college and it's turning out to be quite a challenge, but my Photoshop skills are improving, so all's well that ends well I guess... I don't think I'll post the levitation shots on here, but I might upload a few of the other random snaps at a later date.

Hope you're all having a superb week my super-supreme readers!
(101 followers = WOW! You people make my life ;)
x x x

14 comments:

  1. Oh do post the levitation shots! I'd love to see how they turn out. Great outfit too. The turnip quip seems like something my dad would dish out (he's full of dad jokes and the like). My mum would just be all "stop whinging". haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your mom is adorable. :D rocking shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lace tops with those really BADASS boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these images, especially the ones of you in front of the tree - cute! x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha it's not such a bad life being a turnip :) My mother also has very simple remedies, she thinks everything can be fixed by a good film and sunflower seeds. I love the bowler hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like everything that you're wearing here! Your bowler especially! Hope we get to see some of the woods photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so pretty!!! great outfit, love your boots <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, please, stop being so stylish! I can't stand it... Your look is great one more time... I love the way you combined the lace and the hat! You are my idol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pretty lace top and military style boots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am excessively glad not to be a turnip... and I want to see these levitation shots! And I really like your lacey layer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dress. And loved your Mum's comment too haha! That's such a typical mum thing to say - where do they get these pearls of wisdom from? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look! Love the hat and the shoes!

    xx Marije

    ReplyDelete